Aviation Training International Limited (ATIL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Boeing. The Attack Helicopter Training Service (AHTS) provides air crew, ground crew and maintenance training to the UK Army Air Corps Apache. The 20-year contract with the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) was placed under the terms of a Private Finance Initiative (PFI). Ground crew and air crew are also trained by ATIL to operate and maintain the Mission Planning System (MPS).
ATIL has two purpose-built, state-of-the-art training centres at Middle Wallop and Wattisham, as well as a site in Sherborne, Dorset.
What ATIL does
ATIL specialises in:
- Air crew training – consisting of three components:
- Conversion to type (CTT)
- Conversion to role (CTR)
- Pre-deployment training (PDT)
- Ground crew training – ground-handling, refueling, rearming and Ground Support Systems (GSS) operation of Apache.
- Maintenance training – understanding the Apache systems, diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Mission planning – maintaining the Mission Planning System (MPS), a PC-based system to plan mission parameters, threats and waypoints.
A range of training equipment is used to replicate the sophisticated systems in an Apache. From weapons to avionics, each device allows students to familiarise themselves with some of the most complex and advanced technology in the world.
ATIL has designed and implemented its own training excellence model to provide a robust, structured methodology for the development and delivery of live and synthetic training. ATIL has ISO9001.2008 accreditation as a project management and design organisation and can construct and implement training using the in-house capability of engineers, project management staff and training professionals.
A partnering approach and constant investment by the MOD and ATIL ensures that the training remains one of the most up to date in the world.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about job opportunities.
Aviation Training International Limited
Coldharbour Business Park
Dorset DT9 4JW